- The most ‘activated’ supplemental form of vitamin B6
- Involved in the metabolism of nearly all amino acids, as a coenzyme for reactions such as transamination and decarboxylation and the production of non-essential amino acids
- An important coenzyme for neurotransmitter biosynthesis
- May assist in the maintenance of normal healthy nerve and brain function
- May assist in the management of pre-menstrual tension/syndrome
- May help reduce the severity of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
- Required in heme biosynthesis (Porphyrin pathway) and the formation of hemoglobin
- Required for conversion of homocysteine to Cysteine in the transsulfuration pathway
- Required for the conversion of folates in the methylation cycle
As a source of Vitamin B6, is pyridoxal-5-phosphate associated with peripheral neuropathy like Pyridoxine HCL?
The active form of B6, Pyridoxal-5-phosphate has not been associated with peripheral neuropathy, as Pyridoxine salts have been.
The label warning is a TGA requirement applied to all forms of Vitamin B6 regardless of chemical composition.
FOR PRACTITIONER DISPENSING ONLY.
This product contains Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate which may be dangerous when used in large amounts or for a long time.
If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Vitamin and/or mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
If pregnant, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Known Side Effects
The use of supplemental P5P has not been associated with toxicity, although the inactive form, pyridoxine, has been associated with peripheral neuropathy.
Quality & Purity:
RN Labs use only the highest grade ingredients and materials available. Our purity standards for manufacturing and sourcing are extensively researched and verified.
RN Labs Active B6 is a pure and hypoallergenic product, developed to meet the needs of even the most sensitive patients. Formulated with no harsh or irritating excipients, ensures comfort, safety and efficacy for improved patient compliance and results.